Elite XP Whitepaper
Search
⌃K

Create a Contest

Contests are competitions where multiple users place a predetermined wager (in $PVP) into a pool (the “pot”), and the top performer wins 90% of the entire pot. The remaining 10% is divided between Elite XP and the user that set-up the contest.
Contests can either be hosted by Elite XP or any user that pays the contest creation fee (the “host”). Although hosts must pay $PVP to create a contest, hosts are financially rewarded with 1% of the pot’s total value regardless of their in-contest performance.
Contest specifications are decided by the host when creating the contest. Hosts are able to specify the following:
  1. 1.
    Game title - Fortnite, Dota 2, etc.
  2. 2.
    Entry fee in $PVP*
  3. 3.
    Maximum number of entrants
  4. 4.
    Number of games to account for between a specific timeframe. For example, the last 5 games played from November 23rd, 2021 - November 24th, 2021.
  5. 5.
    Maximum game rank [limited based on your tier of skill such as MMR or KDA ratio]
  6. 6.
    Scoring system. Contest hosts can either use the default Elite XP scoring system or create their own for unique scoring contests.
*Contests without any buy-ins are also allowed. This allows players to simply play their favourite game and compete against others. Note, there are no costs associated with setting up no-stakes competitions.